Hackthorn population information

Hackthorn is a village and civil parish in the West Lindsey district of Lincolnshire, England. It is situated 7½ miles (12 km) north of Lincoln just east of the A15.

The village dates back to Roman times. Its most prominent building is its Hall, a large square brick built house, built in the late 18th century in a landscaped park of around 40 ha.

Situated among the trees of the park overlooking the lake is the parish church, dedicated to ‘St. Michael and All Angels’. The church is mentioned in the Domesday Book, although the present church is a Victorian gothic building. It contains carved woodwork in the reredos screen and gallery, an 1869 Nicholson Organ which is recognised as being of historic importance and which was fully restored in 2006.

Hackthorn Population Figures

     Year

 Inhabitants

1801

218

1831

244

1841

246

1851

258

1871

248

1891

280

1911

         237

 

By 2001 the census showed that the population had dwindled to 180.